Website Axiom Property Management
Accounting Manager Opportunity
Axiom Family of Companies (AFC) based out of Kansas City, has five separate companies underneath the AFC banner: Axiom Equities, Axiom Property Management, Green Rocket Services, Axiom Commercial Property Management and Swyft Property Care. AFC is a fast-growing company that was founded in 2013 and currently has over 100 associates.
AFC has an immediate opportunity for an Accounting Manager to provide oversite and leadership to a team which currently consists of 5 direct reports. The current Accounting Manager has been promoted into another role within the organization.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Monthly and annual financial reporting for 60+ entities
- Annual budget preparation and monthly/quarterly variance reporting
- Oversight of Accounts Payable and weekly check batch/ACH processing responsibilities
- Oversight of subsidiary customer billing
- Engagement/Oversight of annual external financial audit and regulatory reporting
- Oversight of company credit card reconciliation
- Oversight of utility management services
- Work closely with tax preparatory firm (reclass entries, depreciation opportunities, reporting, etc.) on tax returns for 30 entities
Experience & Requirements:
- 3-5 years of relevant and well-rounded accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- B.S. in Accounting
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Certified Professional Accounting designation preferred
- Property management and Yardi software experience a plus
Axiom Property Management is part of the Axiom Family of Companies and offers….
Awesome Work Community
- We take care of each other. We treat others the way we would like to be treated.
- You’re more than “just an employee” here- each person is highly valued.
- Leadership (including the owners of this company) is approachable, engaged, and genuinely
care about our people.
- We hold frequent company gatherings to build relationships, recognize associates, and have fun
- There are ongoing community service opportunities to make a real impact in our city.
Great Pay and Benefits
Annual Pay: $65,000 to $85,000
Average Quarterly Bonus: $1,500
Monthly phone allowance
We offer benefits that are designed with our associates in mind. For full-time associates, they will be able to participate in medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and an associate rent discount of 20% if they choose to live in one of our Axiom apartment communities.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Retirement plan with up to 4% company match
- Paid time off
- 7 Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Special property discount on rent (20%)
Real Career Growth and Opportunities
- We’re a healthy, growing company that rewards those who embody our values and deliver real value.
- Our managers are interested in your personal goals and long-term career.
- Training and development opportunities are available in many areas, including technical apprenticeship programs and official certifications.
- Tuition reimbursement is also available if you decide to further your education. We support and encourage learning new skills and ongoing leadership development.